There are apparently still many Bravata's in the Godwin
Earl Robson came to Michigan in about 1922 from Ohio, to escape hay fever problems. He tried several businesses before the clothng company was establish. It succumbed to the pressures of malls and discount stores in the 1970s.
There apparently has always been a barber shop behind the drug store on the southwest corner of Division Avenue and 36th Street ( formerly Allen Road ). Frank Bartels was active in the growth of the area surrounding Godwin, served on the school board, and had children that attended the school.