The 1937 annual was dedicated to Charles Saur. By this time it was
clear that he had spearheaded the school from a one room schoolhouse
when he arrived in 1922 or 1923, to a large system, comparing favorably
to anything in the country. During the remainder of his time at Godwin
there would be many additions to the high school building, and, in
1946, the industrial arts building. The school was well equipped to
train students in the commercial, industrial, and college prep areas,
and would continue to do so for many decades.