The tennis courts were once on the west end of Frank Rackett's farm, and the sandy soil was ideal for growing asperagus, as was most of the land along 36th Street west to at least Clyde Park. In 1951 it was apparently still possible to park along 36th Street byt the tennis courts. The cars in view, most from the 1940s, would, in good condition, be highly sought in year 2004.